Re: Query Laptop Charger for BJ Power Supply?

Leland Lannoye

Larry:

Let me second your comment.?? I had the good fortune to buy a good switching power supply which puts out about 28 amps continuous and about 35 amps intermittent.?? If I turn on all my equipment simultaneously (a physical impossibility because I don't have enough antennas), I draw a touch over 10 amps.?? This doesn't cause the power supply to even get warm.?? The regulation at that level is as close to 0% as I have ever had.?? Even my new Nouveau 75 doesn't get warm on key down.?? The power supply cost me about 75 dollars about 2 and a half years ago.

On 11/10/2019 22:08, Larry Hastings wrote:
I would check it with a good volt meter. Some times they are higher or lower than they say.??
15v is pushing it just a little bit. I would try something closer to 13 to 14 volts.??

Larry?? AB0AH

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM griffithsesq.robert via Groups.Io <signalnaut=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I recently recycled an old Toshiba Laptop but, retained the charging power unit. It specifies that it is 15 volts at 3 amps. Would this be a good power supply for my Bayou Jumper or would the voltage be too high or have other probable issues? Thanks.??
--
73
Griff NE3I

Join BayouJumperKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.