Re: HT20 - Nice Rig

Dave Benson

Stan-

You're off to a good start- thanks for sharing that!

I'm in NH, so you and I would expect to see similar coverage.  I've made contacts as far away as Turkey and Alaska with my HT 20..... and Hawaii with the 40M version in last year's ARRL DX Test.   I'm fairly confident I'll work Japan with a Hilltopper at some point.

Have fun!   73- Dave, K1SWL

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 6:48 PM StanWB2LQF <sjl219@...> wrote:
Just finished my HT20 a couple hours ago.  I presently do not have any other radio in the house so I couldn't make the initial adjustments.  In spite of this situation, I managed to make my first contact within 5 minutes of connecting my antenna - Spain. Then I tuned down to the low end of the band and heard VK2KM in Sydney - long path to NY.  He sounded real nice through this little HT20.  Pileup was too severe for me to try.

I've built five (5) QCX transceivers and they are also very, very nice radios but none of them put out 5 watts on a 12 volt battery - I measured 5.6 watts from my new HT20 using an Elecraft dummy load, my Fluke DMM and some arithmetic.

Think I better order the HT40 real soon.
72, Stan WB2LQF