Re: Hilltopper 40m firmware

Charles W. Powell

Martin,

I don’t have a “fix” for this, but I had that happen with a chip I substituted, where the frequency was off by a considerable amount.  As I recall, I did not end up using that chip, but apparently there is a bit that is set that puts the frequency off by a substantial amount.

Of note, if you flash the original chip with new firmware after the initial configuration is set, all those settings will be saved (frequency correction, iambic A or B, and paddle reverse).

Dave, K1SWL, who wrote the original code may have a “quick” correction or be able to give you advice on this problem.

On May 29, 2019, at 3:01 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer@...> wrote:

Hello group,

I had the Hilltopper-40_V2.0 firmware loaded on a second ATMEGA chip to experiment with my HT 40m. In TX or Calibration mode, the output frequency is 7.580 MHz, not the expected 7.030 MHz.
It is the original file that was downloaded here.
I can not find my mistake.
The original ATMEGA delivered with the kit ,works fine.
Can someone check that?

Many Thanks,

Martin DH3FR