Re: Hilltopper 20 Receiver portion

Eric Holzapfel

Whoa!, hello Charles, thanks for the tip. This forum is a great resource for info. They had a big field day this
past weekend, and my son's radio worked great - buy my little hilltoper no worky.  and my text above, typos! file=fine!!

I will give it a shot.
Thanks,
Eric

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Q1, the BS170, is the T/R mute FET.  I have had two of these that didn’t do what they were supposed to do.  Easy check: Remove Q1.  If the receiver comes to life, you have found the problem.  Replace it and you should be good to go.

On Jun 23, 2019, at 2:35 PM, Eric Holzapfel <ewholz@...> wrote:

Hello Group,
finished my hilltopper 20. But on first pwr up, blew the two (C29,C30) 100mf caps!
I replaced the caps, and the AtMega328 and the SE55? audio chip, but really can
hear no signals on the receiver. The unit seems to function, beeps freq, and transmits file.
Transmitted using a 20 m 1/2w dipole. The xmit sig sounds file a few hundred feet away.

But sadly the receiver seems not to work well. Are there any other parts that
you can suggest changing?

Thanks
eholz1
KN6CkC