Re: Hilltopper 20 Kit Excellent quality!

Charles W. Powell

Lee,

With the serial mods you can use your favorite logging program to send CQ and follow QRG plus RIT.  May not work for you for portable, but I almost always take my computer anyway.

Greetings from Zurich!

On Aug 23, 2019, at 5:04 AM, Leland L. Bahr <w5drc@...> wrote:

OK, Curt, you convinced me at our today's eyeball meeting.  I just ordered a Hilltopper 20.  Won't start it until I get my 40 meter Organic W8DIZ (Kits and Parts rig up and running.)  I still wish the Hilltopper keyer had a memory.  For me, it seems almost useless without it.  Most likely will use an outboard keyer with a memory so the internal one won't be used.  Why call CQ over and over again when a memory keyer with the CQ stored in it will do it for you.  Don't understand the reasoning for no memory when a chip costs around $5 with a memory.  Will also take your advice and use Vishey bypass caps.  (I threw the green ones away in the Organic 40 and used good quality Vishey there too.)  Other then that, I am looking forward to getting a Hilltopper 20 on the air.

Lee, w0vt, w5drc

On 8/18/2019 12:27 PM, Curt via Groups.Io wrote:
Just want to thank whoever packs these kits with bagged assembly groups keyed to the instructions and the bom.  It makes assembly a real pleasure.  Someone spent a lot of time, effort, sweat thinking through and packaging this kit.  I am only on group 3, but the journey has been fun.  Any misnakes will be my fault :-o

Curt KB5JO