Re: HT20 Alive!

Charles W. Powell

Typically the value of the electrolytic caps and the heat capacity of the 5v regulators is the limiting factor.  I use 14.1 volts often without any problems.

On Aug 27, 2019, at 2:38 AM, Curt via Groups.Io <rhulett1@...> wrote:

The radio worked when turned on, and no smoke escaped!  Alignment was easy as described in the manual.  The receiver is fantastic, and am getting 5W output with a 12VDC supply.  One question is whether I can use the shack 13.8VDC supply without blowing up the finals?  Also, what is minimum voltage?  Will a 9VDC battery work, maybe 1W output?

No contacts yet but that will happen soon.

I think the little green box will become one of my favorites.  When the weather cools a bit, from the patio with an EFHW n tuner ought to be fun.

Thanks Dave and 4state!

Curt KB5JO