Re: Hilltopper tales?

K7AHR

I've been operating temporary mountain-top stations for SOTA, and using the Hilltopper 20 has made that delightful. I have made a few 2000-mile contacts, to Mississippi and so on, and a collection of 1000+ mile summit-to-summit contacts. I worked Alberta from a mountain near Olympia, WA, and I held a wire on a mast out my 8th floor window and worked DX to Alaska at 1500 miles.

Incidentally, while practicing on Sunday, I did something and I think blew out the audio op-amp, so now my radio is temporarily out of commission.