Re: Hilltopper 40 help

Dave Benson

Wally-

It's a programming issue with the controller IC- and apparently you received one of them.

Jim Pruitt- the Hilltopper kitter-  can fix you up with a replacement, I believe.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 4:05 PM K0LWY <k0lwy@...> wrote:
I finally got around to building my HT-40 kit and have a problem.  The
receiver works fin and the transmitter puts out a good 5 watts but the
sidetone is just a buzz and the keyer is extremely slow,  maybe 3 wpm .
A straight key isn't any better. Any idea where to look for the
problem.  Any help appreciated.

Wally- K0LWY