Topics

Another HIlltopper on the air!

tall_texan10

Finally got around to building the Hilltopper 20 that I purchased at the 2018 OzarkCon.  Put it on the air today and first QSO was with Sweden!  Other station gave me a 577 report with the same on my end.  Antenna was monoband 20 meter end fed with no tuner.  This is going to be a fantastic portable rig.  Good job to both designers!

73
John/W5CYF
TEXAS!

troysk8

Thats great John. Hopefully we will see a video soon. I enjoy your videos you have done in the past.

Troy KF7SEY

On Oct 30, 2018, at 5:08 PM, tall_texan10 <johnrob281@...> wrote:

Finally got around to building the Hilltopper 20 that I purchased at the 2018 OzarkCon.  Put it on the air today and first QSO was with Sweden!  Other station gave me a 577 report with the same on my end.  Antenna was monoband 20 meter end fed with no tuner.  This is going to be a fantastic portable rig.  Good job to both designers!

73
John/W5CYF
TEXAS!

Dave Benson

Thanks, John! A wonderful start.   73- Dave, K1SWL