Topics

code will not compile - Hilltopper 20

Eric Holzapfel

Hello,
I decided I would like to try to progarm the ATMega328p chip with the
"standard" hilltopper code posted in the Files section.
I have a Arduino Uno board, and a couple of atmega 328 chips.
I cannot get the code to compile using the Arduino IDE (ver 1.8.9) or the Atmel Studio 7.
I can load a test program in the chip ( a simple "blink" program) just to prove I can talk to
the chip, and run a program.

The problem seems to be with the si5351 library and the arduino code itself:
 si5351.init(SI5351_CRYSTAL_LOAD_6PF, 0, 0); //set PLL xtal load
  si5351.set_correction(FSCALE);

The code snippet above is from the provided code, I see where the class in the si5351.h and the .cpp file
have definitions for the methods above. The void set_correction(int32_t, enum si5351_pll_input); seems to call for two
variables. the code refers to only one - FSCALE.

I must be missing something here - all the different code samples for programming the hilltopper have the
same code. Am I missing something in my environment? Is there an updated wire.h or eeprom that I am missing?

Any tips will help - I have not tried to use or program the chip that came with hilltopper chip - since I have other chips around.
I get the same error with either IDE, Arduino or Atmel studio. Or perhaps I have the incorrect library for the si5351
device (I also have seen an Adafruit_SI5351_library).

thanks,
eric
ewholz1

AG1P Ron

I was able to get it to compile using Arduino version 1.8.7 and the Si5351 version Etherkit_Si5351-2.0.1.zip from https://www.arduinolibraries.info/libraries/etherkit-si5351

72 - Ron - AG1P

[...]

Hello Ron,
Thanks!  I will take a look at the info you provided, and try that.
Thanks,
will get back if successuful!

Charles W. Powell

Yes, Etherkit version 2.0.1 is the one needed.  It is *NOT* the latest version.

On May 13, 2019, at 12:42 AM, Eric Holzapfel <ewholz@...> wrote:

Hello Ron,
Thanks!  I will take a look at the info you provided, and try that.
Thanks,
will get back if successuful!

Eric Holzapfel

Now THAT makes sense!! Thanks Guys!! Shame on me for not reading Ron's post MORE carefully!

Eric

Eric Holzapfel

All is well, bad Arduino , got new Arduino, and can program no problem

Charles W. Powell

Good news.  Glad you found the problem.