Topics

CW keyer mode

Martin Kramer

Hello,
I have read in the manual that supports the built-in keyer iambic mode A. Is it possible to change the keyer to mode B?

Thanks & Vy 73 Martin DH3FR

Dave Benson

Martin-

Yes- it's possible, but it requires a change to the firmware. I have completed those changes, but the changes are not installed in Hilltopper kits that are shipping now.   The new version provides the user with a choice of mode A or B, and also improved Straight-Key mode management.

Do you have a Hilltopper already- or just thinking about ordering?

73- Dave Benson, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:21 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer@...> wrote:
Hello,
I have read in the manual that supports the built-in keyer iambic mode A. Is it possible to change the keyer to mode B?

Martin Kramer

Hello Dave,
Thanks for the quick answer to my question.
At the moment I am thinking about ordering the kit. I worked through the construction manual and found it there.
I am very happy that there is a solution for Iambic mode A / B.

Thanks and best 73
Martin DH3FR

2018-06-19 14:45 GMT+02:00 Dave Benson <davek1swl@...>:

Martin-

Yes- it's possible, but it requires a change to the firmware. I have completed those changes, but the changes are not installed in Hilltopper kits that are shipping now.   The new version provides the user with a choice of mode A or B, and also improved Straight-Key mode management.

73- Dave Benson, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:21 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

Charles W. Powell

I have the updated chip in my Hilltopper and it works very well.  Mode B timing seems to be quite accurate.

Charles - NK8O

On Jun 19, 2018, at 8:37 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer@...> wrote:

Hello Dave,
Thanks for the quick answer to my question.
At the moment I am thinking about ordering the kit. I worked through the construction manual and found it there.
I am very happy that there is a solution for Iambic mode A / B.

Thanks and best 73
Martin DH3FR

2018-06-19 14:45 GMT+02:00 Dave Benson <davek1swl@...>:
Martin-

73- Dave Benson, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:21 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

Martin Kramer

Dear Charles & Dave,
thanks for your help and additional information.
I ordered a hit yesterday. Now I´m very excited to build up this little nice transceiver.
Thanks and best 73
Martin DH3FR

Dave Benson

Martin-

Thanks-   enjoy the kit!

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM, Martin Kramer via Groups.Io <ralf.martin.kramer@...> wrote:
Dear Charles & Dave,
thanks for your help and additional information.
I ordered a hit yesterday. Now I´m very excited to build up this little nice transceiver.
Thanks and best 73
Martin DH3FR