Topics

Finals gone on 20Meter Hilltoppers

jrdock@ckt.net

Think I took out the finals on my Hilltoppers 20 yesterday.  New antenna tuner on an end feed and I held the key down to long trying to tune.  Transmitter quit but I still have the receiver.
Question: When this happens does it usually take out other things with it?
                  Is there a good way to check Q5, 6 & 7 without taking them out the circuit?
                  I have some FAIRCHILD SEMICONDUCTOR BS170_D26Z N CHANNEL
                   MOSFET, 60V, 500mA, TO-92 will they work or am I just going to do more
                   damage?

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Charles W. Powell

Jack,

If you hold the key down for more than 5 seconds, it kills the transmit circuit (and mine kills the whole radio, transmit and receive).  Do you get power out for less than 5 seconds after restarting the radio?  I increased my tune to to 10 seconds in the firmware because my T1 tuner couldn’t find a match in 5 seconds.   I’d start with that.  If you do replace the finals I will defer to someone who know more than I do about drop-in replacements.