Topics

Firmware

Troy G.

In the instructions it says the firmware is available in the files section. Just curious when that will be released.

Thanks,

Troy KF7SEY

Dave Benson

Troy-

I just uploaded the updated version of the Arduino source code for the Hilltopper. Quite a coincidence, eh? <g> The text section describes the functional changes

  You probably don't need to make use of it, though- the Hilltopper kit comes with the the controller IC preprogrammed.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:05 AM, troysk8 <kf7sey@...> wrote:
In the instructions it says the firmware is available in the files section. Just curious when that will be released.

Thanks,

Troy KF7SEY

Troy G.

Thanks Dave. Im more interested in how it all works then actually making changes. I have made stuff with arduino but never a transceiver so just want to learn how it works. Code wise.

Thanks again.

Troy KF7SEY

On Jun 19, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Troy-

I just uploaded the updated version of the Arduino source code for the Hilltopper. Quite a coincidence, eh? <g> The text section describes the functional changes

  You probably don't need to make use of it, though- the Hilltopper kit comes with the the controller IC preprogrammed.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:05 AM, troysk8 <kf7sey@...> wrote:
In the instructions it says the firmware is available in the files section. Just curious when that will be released.

Thanks,

Troy KF7SEY

Dave Benson

Troy-

Have fun!  73- Dave

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:48 PM, troysk8 <kf7sey@...> wrote:
[...]

chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...>

I downloaded the file

_4sqrp-_released_code_v2.0.ino

from the files section.

Had to rename to hilltopper.ino as Arduino IDE 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4 complained about
special characters being in the name as it stands.

I downloaded the si5351.h header file from NT7S gethub source.

Verify command to compile the source code gives me an error about line #52 which has

Si5351 si5351;

without the #define.  Error says Si5351 does not have a name type.

This results in several error messages about si5351 not being declared within
the scope of some functions.

Has any one tried to create the version 2.0 of the firmware?

thanks in advance,

chuck, k7qo

On 06/19/2018 11:22 AM, Dave Benson wrote:
Troy-

I just uploaded the updated version of the Arduino source code for the Hilltopper. Quite a coincidence, eh? <g> The text section describes the functional changes

  You probably don't need to make use of it, though- the Hilltopper kit comes with the the controller IC preprogrammed.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:05 AM, troysk8 <kf7sey@...> wrote:
In the instructions it says the firmware is available in the files section. Just curious when that will be released.

Thanks,

Troy KF7SEY

Troy G.

Chuck,

What version IDE are you using? I’m using 1.8.2. Also the version si5351 library i used is si5351Arduino-2.0.1. I have not tried the latest version. Also did you save the downloaded library in the arduino library directory?

Troy KF7SEY

On Jun 26, 2018, at 5:13 PM, chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...> wrote:

[...]

I am now using Arduino 1.8.5.
Where did you get the 2.0.1 si5351 library.  I'm going to have to
remove everything and start over to make sure that there are
no conflicts.  I appreciate your help and any guidance to get
it working.

I see a copyright date of 2014 in the si5351.h file that I downloaded
from github.

Are you in charge of the firmware for the club and programming
the chips?

thanks,

chuck, k7qo

On 06/26/2018 07:14 PM, troysk8 wrote:
[...]

You can find the version here. https://www.arduinolibraries.info/libraries/etherkit-si5351

Im not in charge of it just what i used to upload the code Dave provided. Not saying its the right version but it did work fine for me.

Troy KF7SEY

On Jun 26, 2018, at 7:57 PM, chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...> wrote:

[...]

I just tried the latest and it did not work.  Will go back to the 2.0.1 and see what it does.

thanks,

chuck, k7qo

On 06/26/2018 08:08 PM, troysk8 wrote:
[...]

Troy,

Cleaning out directories and downloading the 2.0.1 version of the si5351 library did the trick.
Rig is up and running with Mode B keying.

Thanks a million for the help.

ciao,

[...]

OK.   Had to clear out all the libraries and download the 2.0.1 version of the Si5351 library.

Rig is working with new firmware and getting 4.5W out with a 11.1V li-Ion battery that costs
$10 here at local swap meets.  4.25AHr and going to see how it fairs on the trail.

I won't be playing tourist and climbing any peaks in the lower half of AZ until late fall.
I am not going to wind up in ICU again.

Thanks for a fine rig and I'll put it through its paces.  I prefer the AFA to digital displays
in daylight.  Those rigs with dark blue background and white characters are impossible
to read in the Valley of the Sun.  Been there.  Done that.

I'll put the rig on the air later in the week and try around for some other HTs.

ciao dude and thanks for your help,

chuck, k7qo

chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...>

Sorry about that.  Was meant to be private.  My bad.

chuck, k7qo