From: KW4JS <johnmichaelstooksbury@...>
To: HilltopperKit <HilltopperKit@4sqrp.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Nov 3, 2018 9:23 am
Subject: [HilltopperKit] Function Button Question

I recently completed the assembly of a Hilltopper 40 and started the calibration process this morning.  I encountered a a R? then a B? and an A followed by the frequency.  This occurs every time a power up.  Upon investigation it appears that the function switch is NC.  According to the schematic this switch is drawn as NO.  The initial frequency calibration was satisfactory.  After removing the CAL jumper it appears I have a crystal controlled radio.  I can receive 7.030 only.  I have no tuning capability.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thank you,
John, KW4JS