Topics

ADV: Re: ADV: Re: [HilltopperKit] Hilltopper 40 problem....HELP!!

jrdock@ckt.net

Yes, it is good.  TNX Dave for all your help.

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Feb 14, 2019, at 6:32 PM, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Jack-

I can send a replacement crystal immediately. If your address is good on QRZ.com, that's where it goes unless I hear otherwise.

73- Dave

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:19 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
OK Dave, I took the chip out of my HT20 and put it in the HT40.  Still the same thing so the chip is probably OK.  Then I used my general coverage receiver and tuned to 16 MHz to listen for a tone.  There was none on the HT40 but a very good one on the HT20.  So, the problem is no oscillation on the 16 MHz crystal.  Any suggestions as to what to do next?

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Feb 13, 2019, at 6:16 PM, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Jack-

That seems like a good idea- go for it!

- Dave

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Dave-
I have a ATmega328P in my HT20 that is working perfectly.  I could take it out and put it in the 40 to see if that is the problem.  Good idea or Bad?  The 40 was the last kit that you had at OzarkCon last year and I got it.
Jack ... WD0CFH

Dave Benson

Jack-

On its way today-  Dave

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:22 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Dave,
well got the crystal yesterday and installed it but it didn’t help.  I made a copy of the parts list and the board layout and checked EVERY part on the board to make certain that I haven’t put a component in the wrong place.  Everything seems to be ln it’s proper place.  Joe Porter (W0MQY) will be having a builders club meeting at his place tomorrow evening so I am going to pick a few brains there.  More test equipment available.  May have to get back with you if we can’t solve it.
Tnx for your help.
Jack .... WD0CFH

Dave Benson

Jack-

I'll be here- please keep me posted.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:05 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Hi Dave,
well got the crystal yesterday and installed it but it didn’t help.  I made a copy of the parts list and the board layout and checked EVERY part on the board to make certain that I haven’t put a component in the wrong place.  Everything seems to be ln it’s proper place.  Joe Porter (W0MQY) will be having a builders club meeting at his place tomorrow evening so I am going to pick a few brains there.  More test equipment available.  May have to get back with you if we can’t solve it.
Tnx for your help.
Jack .... WD0CFH

jrdock@ckt.net

Good news Dave, got it fixed and every thing is working great.  Joe Porter (W0MQY) found the problem.  I will tell you what happened at OzarkCon ......🤫
Jack ... WD0CFH

Jim Pruitt

Hello Jack.

Care to give us all a hint what the problem solution was?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

On 2/27/2019 10:10 AM, jrdock@... wrote:
Good news Dave, got it fixed and every thing is working great.  Joe Porter (W0MQY) found the problem.  I will tell you what happened at OzarkCon ......🤫
Jack ... WD0CFH

Dave Benson

Jack-

That's great news- thanks for letting us know!  I don't think either Jim Pruett or I will make Ozarkcon, so feel free to share anytime it's convenient.
.
73- Dave, K1SWL