Topics

ADV: Re: ADV: Re: ADV: Re: ADV: Re: [HilltopperKit] Hilltopper 40 problem....HELP!!

jrdock@ckt.net

Sorry Dave, replaced C40 & C41.

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Feb 22, 2019, at 12:33 PM, "jrdock@..." <jrdock@...> wrote:

Well, Bill (WB0LXZ) and I spent the evening checking all of the voltages shown on the schematic and they all checked out.  It should work but doesn’t.  Bill worked some on it with the scope but I can’t say I know what he was doing.  Went ahead and replaced C41 and C42 on the off chance one of them was bad but still no oscillation from the 16 MHz crystal.  Right now I just don’t know what else to do.  Was wanting to take it with me to OzarkCon but may have to take something else.

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Feb 21, 2019, at 10:56 AM, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Jack-

I'll be here- please keep me posted.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:05 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Hi Dave,
well got the crystal yesterday and installed it but it didn’t help.  I made a copy of the parts list and the board layout and checked EVERY part on the board to make certain that I haven’t put a component in the wrong place.  Everything seems to be ln it’s proper place.  Joe Porter (W0MQY) will be having a builders club meeting at his place tomorrow evening so I am going to pick a few brains there.  More test equipment available.  May have to get back with you if we can’t solve it.
Tnx for your help.
Jack .... WD0CFH