Hilltopper 40 help

K0LWY

I finally got around to building my HT-40 kit and have a problem.  The receiver works fin and the transmitter puts out a good 5 watts but the sidetone is just a buzz and the keyer is extremely slow,  maybe 3 wpm .  A straight key isn't any better. Any idea where to look for the problem.  Any help appreciated.

Wally- K0LWY

Wally-

It's a programming issue with the controller IC- and apparently you received one of them.

Jim Pruitt- the Hilltopper kitter-  can fix you up with a replacement, I believe.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 4:05 PM K0LWY <k0lwy@...> wrote:
I finally got around to building my HT-40 kit and have a problem.  The
receiver works fin and the transmitter puts out a good 5 watts but the
sidetone is just a buzz and the keyer is extremely slow,  maybe 3 wpm .
A straight key isn't any better. Any idea where to look for the
problem.  Any help appreciated.

Wally- K0LWY

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Wally, Dave
Yes, that is correct.

Please contact Jim Pruitt for a replacement chip.
His email is

72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

K0LWY

Thanks guys.  I contacted Jim and everything is in the works.  Hope to have it running soon.
Great group and many thanks
Wally k0lwy

K0LWY

GM everyone.   I received my new chip from Jim and everything is working like a top now.  rather than have it mailed in a separate box I just went ahead and ordered the HT-20 and had Jim put it in the same box to save on the shipping.  It's going to be a busy winter building kits.  The Hilltopper 20,  Bayou jumper and 4Stuner are all sitting on the shelf.  Hope they turn out as good as the Hilltopper 40 did.  If they don't I know where there are a lot of nice folks to help out.  Thanks everyone and especially Jim.
Wally K0LWY