Topics

Hilltopper 40 performance

Ken Graham

I want to thank all who worked to bring out the 40m kit. It amazes me the performance from my completed project. At 12 volts, it puts out a bit more than 5 watts, the receiver is sweet, and the keyer worked just as expected.
Thanks again!
Ken. K5ID

Charles W. Powell

Another Hilltopper 40 lives!  I finished aligning my HT-40 this evening.  According to the QRP-O-Meter, at 12.7 volts the rig is putting out 5.85 watts.  Took me a while to get it exactly the way I wanted the offset, but the code is modified for 600 Hz sidetone and the frequencies match between the HT-40 and my signal generator when using my KX3 as a reference.  They are both within about 1 Hz, when I listen to the beat note compared to the radio or signal generator tones.  So it is a success!  Now to get it on the air and make some contacts with it.  That may be tomorrow's project.

Nice going, Chas!

73- Dave. K1SWL