Topics

Hilltopper Kits back in stock

Johnny Matlock

Good afternoon
i am pleased to announce that we have the Hilltopper
20 kits back in stock.
All kits have been upgraded to Rev 2, thanks to
Dave Benson K1SWL.

Thanks
72
Johnny AC0BQ

w0mna74@...

Johnny,

Is there a way to buy just the 328P IC already programmed with version 2.0 firmware?  If not, how are people successfully programming the old IC?  I've had my Hilltopper kit since Ozarkcon but just have not had time yet to put it together.  I'd like to have it updated as much as possible when I start assembly.

Gary A. - W0MNA

Charles W. Powell

I can tell you that I programmed my working chip with a simple Arduino board without difficulty.  If you have an Arduino laying around, pop the chip out and put the Hilltopper chip in.  Upload the updated code and you should be ready to move it to the Hilltopper.  You can then proceed with setup normally.  Center the frequency, choose your key type (Curtis iambic mode A or B) and normal or reverse on the paddles.

72,

Charles - NK8O