Topics

HT-20 Hilltopper

Hey guys had to share this.

STL files will be uploaded (work in progress) open for all to use just share any changes.

I trimmed the I2C interface right down to the lcd, no header, I also removed the back light jumper and bridged it.

Some notes on the STL:

Done with tinkercad

uses stock screws spacing is a hair tight and may need to use a razor to bring it in (always better to have to much, hard to add it back).

LCD opening was left with no screw holes to open all options of mounting.

LCD opening is also a little tight to make up for vari in screens again going with more it better.

I got a nice fit and used the screen to make holes for screws, it was a tight fit but I didn't want to add more than was needed.

Thanks Dave, N1SWL and NK8O,

Chas

It's not pretty but it does the job.

David

N8DAH

Just added a V2 with larger back.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3651504

Charles W. Powell

Nice job!  The splash screen format looks vaguely familiar…   Please upload your STL files to the files section of this forum.

Chas - NK8O

On May 24, 2019, at 3:36 PM, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

Hey guys had to share this.

STL files will be uploaded (work in progress) open for all to use just share any changes.

I trimmed the I2C interface right down to the lcd, no header, I also removed the back light jumper and bridged it.

Some notes on the STL:

Done with tinkercad

uses stock screws spacing is a hair tight and may need to use a razor to bring it in (always better to have to much, hard to add it back).

LCD opening was left with no screw holes to open all options of mounting.

LCD opening is also a little tight to make up for vari in screens again going with more it better.

I got a nice fit and used the screen to make holes for screws, it was a tight fit but I didn't want to add more than was needed.

Thanks Dave, N1SWL and NK8O,

<20190524_155626.jpg><20190524_153624.jpg><20190524_155313.jpg><20190524_155715.jpg> Chas

It's not pretty but it does the job.

David

N8DAH

Chas,

I am trying to program the new one up and keep getting errors in relation to the si5351 which lib and version should I be using?

Below is the error

"Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\dad\Desktop\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod.ino: In function 'void setup()':

hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod:210:31: error: no matching function for call to 'Si5351::set_correction(long int&)'

si5351.set_correction(FSCALE); 

^

In file included from C:\Users\dad\Desktop\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\dad\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Etherkit_Si5351\src/si5351.h:292:7: note: candidate: void Si5351::set_correction(int32_t, si5351_pll_input)

void set_correction(int32_t, enum si5351_pll_input);

^

C:\Users\dad\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Etherkit_Si5351\src/si5351.h:292:7: note:   candidate expects 2 arguments, 1 provided

exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'Si5351::set_correction(long int&)'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
"

Charles W. Powell

The version you need for this particular application is Etherkit Si5351 version 2.0.1.  The error you are getting is consistent with a newer version of that library.  Dave (Benson) never updated the library version - if it works, don’t fix it!  I don’t know enough about programming to re-write it for a newer version.

Hope this fixes the problem!

Chas - NK8O

On Jun 20, 2019, at 11:31 PM, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

Chas,

I am trying to program the new one up and keep getting errors in relation to the si5351 which lib and version should I be using?

Below is the error

"Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\dad\Desktop\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod.ino: In function 'void setup()':

hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod:210:31: error: no matching function for call to 'Si5351::set_correction(long int&)'

si5351.set_correction(FSCALE); 

^

In file included from C:\Users\dad\Desktop\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod\hilltopper20_display_and_rit_mod.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\dad\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Etherkit_Si5351\src/si5351.h:292:7: note: candidate: void Si5351::set_correction(int32_t, si5351_pll_input)

void set_correction(int32_t, enum si5351_pll_input);

^

C:\Users\dad\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Etherkit_Si5351\src/si5351.h:292:7: note:   candidate expects 2 arguments, 1 provided

exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'Si5351::set_correction(long int&)'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
"

Chas,

Worked! thanks I knew it was the lib version. I have been working on other projects and I am sure got mixed up with versions.

Thanks for the code, reply and help!

David