Topics

Programming interface for kits?

Andriy Gronau (KD2KUB)

Hello,

i have been looking at getting some hardware for chip programming these wonderful radio chip sets (i am a programmer by heart!).  I have already built a HT20 and ordered a HT40.

Any suggestions or equiptment list someone could provide me with links for hardware?

--Andriy, KD2KUB

Charles W. Powell

Not sure if you mean something else, but to program the Hilltopper you just need an Arduino Uno.  You simply either place your existing chip in the Uno to reprogram it, or an AT Mega 328P (make sure it’s the 328-P with the boot loader).  There is a spot for an optional set of header pins on the board for programming, but I haven’t done that.  You’d have to ask Dave K1SWL about that.

On Dec 12, 2018, at 12:34 PM, Andriy Gronau <kd2kub@...> wrote:

Hello,

i have been looking at getting some hardware for chip programming these wonderful radio chip sets (i am a programmer by heart!).  I have already built a HT20 and ordered a HT40.

Any suggestions or equiptment list someone could provide me with links for hardware?

--Andriy, KD2KUB

Martin Waller

Hi Yes, to re-program the one I have I took an Arduino and took out the main chip. I then soldered some header pins into the HT20 and connected the header pins to the sockets on the Arduino. See http://g0pjo.the-waller.net – just scroll down the first page for more details.

If I can provide further help then just ask.

Martin

G0PJO