Topics

Sidetone on Hilltopper

Marc <mapn4dr@...>

  I just finished my Hilltopper 20 and it works very nicely. However, the sidetone is really loud. I remember seeing something about
reducing the sidetone on the list, but forgot where to look for that info.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Marc Pressman N4DR

Charles W. Powell

R8 is the resistor controlling the sidetone level.  82K was recommended but I think I changed to it to 100K on my Hilltopper because that’s what I had in my junk box.