Topics

Update on when/if Hilltopper 30m and/or 40m kits will be offered

John Daly

Does anyone know if a decision has been made by the powers to be at the 4sqrp group to offer 30m or 40m versions of the Hilltopper Kits? If so, approximately when they might be coming?

Thanks es 72 - John W4USF

John T. Fitzer

GM John. I'm not the official source for the club, however I asked Dave Benson when and if the Hill Tipper 40 would be offered and he indicated that the club is in the process now of getting it together. He indicated that parts have been ordered, and that he was already set-up to burn the ATmega chips. I like you am anxiously awaiting this new kit and am very sure it will be a great success. I can only imagine the amount of work required to produce a kit of that magnitude. Dave was unsure if the club would do beta testing prior to releasing it for public consumption, but this might be a good idea to shake out all the kinks. Remember some guys are double E's with 50 years' experience and some guys are just getting started, and you surely don't want to frustrate a new ham and have them get discouraged. Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Daly via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 11:32 AM
To: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [HilltopperKit] Update on when/if Hilltopper 30m and/or 40m kits will be offered

Does anyone know if a decision has been made by the powers to be at the 4sqrp group to offer 30m or 40m versions of the Hilltopper Kits? If so, approximately when they might be coming?

John Daly

Thanks for the update, John. I know perfection takes time! Like you, I patiently will await their announcement, knowing it's on the way.

Best - John W4USF

On Aug 24, 2018, at 12:52 PM, John T. Fitzer <John.fitzer@...> wrote:

GM John. I'm not the official source for the club, however I asked Dave Benson when and if the Hill Tipper 40 would be offered and he indicated that the club is in the process now of getting it together. He indicated that parts have been ordered, and that he was already set-up to burn the ATmega chips. I like you am anxiously awaiting this new kit and am very sure it will be a great success. I can only imagine the amount of work required to produce a kit of that magnitude. Dave was unsure if the club would do beta testing prior to releasing it for public consumption, but this might be a good idea to shake out all the kinks. Remember some guys are double E's with 50 years' experience and some guys are just getting started, and you surely don't want to frustrate a new ham and have them get discouraged. Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Daly via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 11:32 AM
To: HilltopperKit@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [HilltopperKit] Update on when/if Hilltopper 30m and/or 40m kits will be offered

Johnny Matlock

Gm all
Your info is correct.
We have ordered parts for another run of the 20 meter version, as well as the release of the 40 meter version.

We sold out of the 20 meter kits last night, so if you were thinking about ordering one, give us a week or 2 and we should begin shipping again.

Thanks for you interest in the kits!

Johnny AC0BQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Dave Benson

folks-

I'll get the ICs programmed and in the mail to Jim on Monday.

73-  Dave, K1SWL

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 7:30 AM Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Gm all
Your info is correct.
We have ordered parts for another run of the 20 meter version, as well as the release of the 40 meter version.

We sold out of the 20 meter kits last night, so if you were thinking about ordering one, give us a week or 2 and we should begin shipping again.

Thanks for you interest in the kits!

Johnny AC0BQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com