Re: No hiss from speaker

WA0ITP

Sri abt the screenshot.  I have no idea how it got pasted in the email.  Another cyber mystery to me.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
On 7/13/2018 12:27 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

GA Paul,

Good going Paul.  Can you receive WHO 1040, or WMT 600 ?  It will be good to have your rcvr as a demo unit for the upcoming Expo.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
On 7/13/2018 10:21 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
Thanks for the reply Johnny.  I did go ahead and finish it last night. It worked perfectly even though I did not get the hiss like the manual said.

Interestingly, I had put the continuity tester across the primary coil of the transformer and heard a hiss from the speaker. So, I knew that the transformer through the speaker was wired correctly.

Paul WA0PAC

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:37 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Gm Paul
I built mine a few weeks ago
And that was my outcome as well.
Dave advised me to go ahead with the build.
I did all everything was fine.
I think we may need to update the manual.
72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 10:50 PM Paul Cartwright <paul@...> wrote:
I have finished the audio amplifier portion of the build. I am not able to hear any hiss from the speaker while following the test instructions. The power circuit tested at 1.7 volts. I have double checked the components and connections, including comparing my circuit with the photos on the website. Everything looks correct. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Paul Cartwright
WA0PAC

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Join MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.