Re: More Murania Mods

K0WDO Will Osborn

Thanks Jim! I did this mod and the other as well. It definitely helps! However, just to clarify, Should I add 10 more turns on L1? I did the 51 turns.

73, Will
K0WDO

On Oct 17, 2018, at 2:52 PM, Jim WB2LHP in MI <jmarco1955@...> wrote:

Here are some additional mods for the Murania radio...These are easy to do and are completely reversible without hacking the radio...

Reduced audio distortion...

In addition to my previous post regarding the change in use of R3, change R2 from 1K to 2.7K...

Frequency coverage and dial mapping...

Increase L1 from 37 turns to 51 turns...Remove C8...This centers the frequency coverage and makes the dial tracking spot on...

Overall Performance...

The audio is now crystal clear...Tuning is sharper...The change to L1 may not be necessary or important to you...It is offered as an option to you...The change to R2 is critical, in my opinion...Your mileage may vary and these mods are made at your own peril, but are not hazardous...

The Murania radio is an outstanding kit and highly recommended...Please email me with any questions...73 Jim WB2LHP in MI

Join MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.