Re: Consolidated Murania Mods

Jim WB2LHP in MI

Certainly, the wire size will vary the number of turns needed to get the right inductance but there's nothing wrong with experimenting to get the best results...Congratulations!

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:04 PM John L. Porter <jjbbl2@...> wrote:
Jim, I do have a meter, but forgot to check the inductance when I increased the turns to 61. I tweaked it some more over the weekend by decreasing the turns to 51 turns. Can you believe it, but I still forgot to use my meter to check inductance! hi . Never-the-less, it improved the tuning to very close indications on the dial as compared to another old AM receiver I have. I'm happy with that.

73,
John, KD5EJA

Join MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.