Re: Maurania

Everett Catlin

Oh Yes I was happy with the Mods.  They  worked well. The basic Murania did everything I asked it to do without them. I saved
the Mod. parts and put it into My Murania Box for future use. Just keeping mine to original specs. I have no problems with it as is. Only problem was a 4 yr old grand daughter over twist tuning cap and bust it. Replaced it and did not glue screw into spacing shaft. Jim they were good and well thought out mods but I mine worked fine here. Look me up on QRZ if you get a chance. Any more Questions just ask.Have a great day.

ev Catlin N5MZX

On Sunday, September 22, 2019, 2:12:30 PM CDT, Jim WB2LHP in MI <jmarco1955@...> wrote:

Everett. Were you not happy with the mods?

On September 21, 2019, at 3:26 PM, "Everett Catlin via Groups.Io" <everettcatlin@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,
I get WMCP, WKOm ?, Some other local stations. WSM out of Nashville. Listen to OPRY Saturday night. Brings back many memories. I did the mod played with it tnd then took it back to original.

73Everett Catlin N5MZX

On Saturday, September 21, 2019, 12:30:11 PM CDT, Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:

Everett-

Still looking forward to building mine- too many other irons in the fire.

We have a 5kW AM station about a mile from here.  I figure it'll cover the band during daylight hours.  It's Country music, but it's that 'Top-40 Country' format- which seems to be merging with 'pop'. Slim chance of hearing Dolly there!

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM Everett Catlin via Groups.Io <everettcatlin=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just wanted to say that my Murania is still in daily use.I think I have more enjoyment from this kit than any other kit I have ever built. My local station WMCP is on now and I am listening to Dolly sing. Thanks again to 4SQRP.

73
Everett Catlin N5MZX Columbia, Tn.

Join MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.