Murania is dead after completing build

K4VOZ

Hi All,

My Murania radio does not power on anymore, no LED or sound comes up. I finished building the Murania kit and was working fine, I proceeded to do  WB2LHP mods and the radio was even better. Now was time to close the case, but the battery didn't fit in correctly. Found R2 and U1 were installed way too high so I bent both of them enough for the battery to fit. Inserted the battery, closed the case, turned radio on and nothing.. no power!!

Here's what I did to troubleshoot: verified battery was good, verified R2 and U1 were not short, check for voltage at R5 like in the instructions: no voltage, verified for loose connections: all look good.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Tommy
K4VOZ