Re: Murania is dead after completing build

Jim WB2LHP in MI <jmarco1955@...>

Hi Tommy...Wow...There's not much that can go wrong with the circuit...If you don't even have power to the LED, I would start at the battery and check the voltage through R5...That's a good place to start...If you just follow the DC voltage around the circuit you should find the problem pretty quickly...GL Jim WB2LHP

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 3:16 PM K4VOZ via Groups.Io <ferrerpc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

My Murania radio does not power on anymore, no LED or sound comes up. I finished building the Murania kit and was working fine, I proceeded to do  WB2LHP mods and the radio was even better. Now was time to close the case, but the battery didn't fit in correctly. Found R2 and U1 were installed way too high so I bent both of them enough for the battery to fit. Inserted the battery, closed the case, turned radio on and nothing.. no power!!

Here's what I did to troubleshoot: verified battery was good, verified R2 and U1 were not short, check for voltage at R5 like in the instructions: no voltage, verified for loose connections: all look good.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Tommy
K4VOZ