Yes, I did and the print was so small I only recognized things like C2, etc.   I normally would not have even thought of that when checking the parts with the BOM.  This AM I put my lighted loupe on and could finally recognize the ID that identifies with each cap.  It would be very helpful to others to have the 103, 47, etc., that is on each cap placed in the line of those parts on the bill of materials. It has been on previous kits. It was just trying to figure out what was which and I have been using caps and cap equivalent charts, cap meters, for years.  I had to stop and think more.  If I had been in Indiana at my grand kids home I might have not been able to figure it out without all my "helps". Hi!  But, there is a young ham next door to the grand son and he is always willing to help.  There is hope that out of my   six grand kids one will become a ham.  That's not the best odds..... When I was a kid half the kids on the block aspired to ham radio even though only a few of us made it with the help of our scout master. May he forever rest in peace.... What a guy.

Thanks.

Dave K8WPE

On Jun 29, 2018, at 9:33 AM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Dave, If you check the Pittsburg side of the front panel where the speaker goes is the parts list with designators

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io <MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of David Wilcox via Groups.Io <Djwilcox01@...>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 9:17 AM
To: MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [MuraniaKit] Here is my finished Murania

I bought my kit at FDIM.  Did a parts check last night and all the parts are there. Am waiting for grand sons next visit to build it.  What a cute radio. May have to build this one for me and order ankther one for him.  Ha!

It would be helpful to include in the instructions which caps are which, ie., 103, 224, 47, etc.  I did check them with a cap checker.  The directions only show the values of the caps but not the designators on each cap.  The caps checked out but some were not close to the listed values so that could be very confusing to a noobie.  I know bypass caps can vary a lot and still work.

Dave K8WPE

On Jun 28, 2018, at 4:44 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

I am listening to our local AM station as I write this. My Murania is one of the Beta build units. It works great. The build was simple as can be and I feel like the kid 60 years ago with my first transistor radio. I am the kitter on this kit and have a BIG bunch bagged up and ready to go to the PO. Watch the reflector and web page for the release. Rumor has it to be released JULY 4. You, your kids and grand kids will love this radio and the time spent spent building it.
<murania.jpg>

Join MuraniaKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.