Regen Control Question

Mark Hansen

Hello - I just completed the build and it was a fun kit to put together. My question is about tuning - My Regen control pops and squeals even when fully counter-clockwise. I cannot find that point where it begins to oscillate, and then back it off a touch. I can receive some signals, but the receiver is always oscillating, so there is a carrier signal even on AM stations. I have the rig connected to one side of my 80 meter loop antenna, and to the station ground.

I have checked the solder joints -(and will do again) but have not been able to use this rig properly. I do have the 1 uf electrolytic on the Regen pot pads, as directed.

Thanks - 73
Mark WA0RXR

Join OzarkPatrolKit@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.