Antenna "loading"

Michael McEwen

I am a major electro-dummy...please the elementary question...when reading a recent QST review, reference was made to the difference in SWR meter readings based on 25 and 100 Ohm antenna resistance.  My MFJ analyzer does indeed measure resistance in addition to SWR, but I am not sure where it all fits together.  The internet articles I have found are too advanced for me.

I am going to be very minimalistic QRP antennawise for quite a while...how do I optimize the resistance (which I think is vital to radiated power given similar SWR ratings).  Am I missing something?

Doc - K5OSA

4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886 - Flying Pigs #3587

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret
Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205