Re: Field Day results posted

Charles W. Powell

Thank you Ed.  I hadn’t looked at all comers in KS.  I have to say that packing up the radio and going out to operate from a park or a tree stump regularly really helps.  My only issue was that I only managed about 14-15 of the possible 28 hours of operation. This was my first solo attempt.   It did help greatly to use a laptop, also battery powered because I used it for keying.  Next year, I think I might work on a team, because I’m getting too old to go without sleep indefinitely.  Any 4sQRP volunteers?

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Oct 29, 2015, at 8:52 AM, yahoomail@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Charles;

I'd say you did better than "OK"!

  • 429 QSO at 5 watts is VERY good performance.
  • 1st in Kansas in Class 1B1B
  • 4th in Kansas regardless of class
  • 8th Nationally in class 1B1B

Great job!