Re: QTH move

Joshua Gould <ae8jg.gould@...>

Doc,

The XYL and I just moved from a 3 bedroom 2000 sq ft house on 6 acres to a 1 bedroom 585 sq ft apartment on the outskirts of a city. I have a crown molding that runs around the top of my living room where the desk and shack are located. I'm planning to pick up another bnc to binding post adaptor and simply hide my antenna behind the crown molding. Radiating wire along the top. Ground wire along the floor. It won't be as good as what I had, but I should be able to get on the air. Next item on the list is to learn the code.

72,
Joshua Gould
AE8JG

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2015, at 11:30, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I HATE moving...been here 8 yr...longest I have ever lived anywhere in my life...too much crap piles up.  New QTH, Oklahoma City, Lakeside community does not smile on "big" antennas...also, some in the area have complained about "interference."  I may well just stick with QRP.  Attic antennas are an option for me...my AlexLoop is a great portable/base QRP stand-by.  I really enjoy 17M SSB and am wondering if there is a good "attic" antenna for it?  My 20M end fed and the 40M end fed (with a bend at the end) will fit.  BTW, a wood/shingle roof...no metal...also, floor ducting, so no problem there...

Ideas?

Doc - K5OSA

4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886 - Flying Pigs #3587

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret
Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205