From: Don Wilhelm w3fpr@... [4sqrp]
Sent: ‎11/‎6/‎2015 12:23 AM
To: 4sqrp@...; ke4d@...
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] HOW DO I FIND THE LAST TWO DIGITS OF THE YEAR MY CALLSIGNWAS FIRST ISSUED? E GADS!!!

I was first licensed in 1955 as a novice, but at that time it was only a 1 year term.  I had a lapse but was able to retain my call (W8DLB) when I passed my General in 1957.  I forget the year I passed my advanced test.
So the 10 year thing does not work for me, it only works for those licensed in the 1980's.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 11/5/2015 10:22 PM, ke4d@... [4sqrp] wrote:

It is the last two digits of the year you were first licensed. Not when your current call was issued. And, to fellow who suggested backing up 10 years to figure it out, it wasn't all that long ago that the license term was five years. My first call, WN4IKG was a two year Novice ticket. Not long before I got my Novice ticket  that license was only good for one year so the 10 year math isn't likely to work out of you were licensed before the 80s.