Re: SSS Correction

John Lonigro

As the song says, "Does anybody really know what time it is?"

If all the people who have sent replies to my "SSS Correction" email actually participate in the contest tonight (tomorrow if using UTC), then we should have a good turnout.

72,

John AA0VE

On 11/08/2015 06:58 AM, Bill Cromwell wrote:
Hi John,

Sometimes we see schedules that give both zulu time the local time zone information. A few of us can determine our own time from either or both and would notice if they don't match. If you haven't had a reason to use time zone conversions you would probably not get an easy comfort using zulu time - aka Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) - aka Coordinated Universal Time (CUT). Then there is local time that gives us the time according the sun position and varies more or less uniformly around the world. My own local time is about 34 minutes later than Eastern Standard Time. Do you have a headache yet?

73,

Bill KU8H

On 11/08/2015 07:39 AM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Dave:

Zulu time would be 0000-0200 during CDT and 0100-0300 CST. I'd probably
screw that up as well (hi). On the other hand, those NOT in the central
time zone might prefer Zulu time. Maybe I'll try that and see how many
times I get it wrong in the coming year. If nothing else, it would be
good practice for me.

72,
John AA0VE
.