Once upon a time a younger brother received an electric train set for
Christmas. After playing with it for several *hours* the train jumped
the track (yet again). Little brother got up and left it there with
transformer output shorted (overloaded anyway). Eventually it began to
um... smell *funny*. Our mother did *NOT* enjoy it at all - after all
she wasn't blind (evil grin). Even though the transformer was not
completely destroyed it smelled so bad it was not allowed in the house
any more. That was the end of the electric train set.