computers. The default settings are not Microsoft ones, but you can
easily save something in MS format if you need to send it to someone who
doesn't have OO.

On 24/3/16 9:03, 'Jim Sheldon' @W0EB [4sqrp] wrote:

Terry,
Go for Open Office. It has a whole bunch of programs including the
spreadsheet that are almost totally compatible with Excel. I think Open
Office works better and it is totally free.

Jim - W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...>
To: "4sqrp@..." <4sqrp@...>
Sent: 3/24/2016 8:58:44 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] Need Free Spreadsheet Recommendtion

GM all,

I'm looking for a free spreadsheet program, something compatible with
Excel. I've upgraded my computer and am trying to get it to the same
functionality that I had with my 10 yr old and injured (read that as vy
slow) machine. I want to run it locally, not in the cloud, an older
free version of Excel would be perfect, but I don't think they exist.
I'd prefer a stand alone version rather than a huge download. Can Open
Office's Calc be downloaded independently from the rest of it?

Anyone have a favorite? TIA

--
72 WAƘITP
I love this radio stuff.

Posted by: WA0ITP <wa0itp@...>

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

Yahoo Groups Links

--
David Lininger, kb0zke
Rev. 2:10