It's a 21 foot untuned vertical.  Needs a good tuner and at least 4 fifteen foot radials, preferably 6 or even 8 or more.  With a good tuner and plenty of radials, it will work 80-6 meters.  It's not the best for portable as it only collapses down to about 6 feet.  It does work better than something like the PAC-12 or a mobile whip.  It must be used with a tuner and it really needs a fairly good radial field to work.  Speaking from experience because I own one.

Jim, W0EB

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 24, 2016, at 7:05 PM, davemrtn davemrtn@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Loops N More spec's on the grasshopper are rather sparse...
SWR <1.5 on most bands is not very informative !!

David Martin - NA1MH

-------- Original message --------
From: WA0ITP <wa0itp@...>
Date: 4/24/16 6:26 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: 4sqrp@..., David Martin <davemrtn@...>
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] vertical antenna

Hi David,

It was the "Grasshopper"  made an sold by Loops and More    http://loopsnmore.com/multi-band-hf-verticals-coming-soon-2/
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 4/24/2016 5:57 PM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:

A couple of years ago at OzarkCon, someone was selling a vertical
antenna and K0N was using one of the antennas.
I can't remember the name for sure, I think it was something like
cricket, or maybe nothing like that....

Does anybody remember the name of the antenna and if there is a web page
for the person selling it ?

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

There is no Grief as great as denying the Truth until it is too late.

Truth is hate for those who hate the truth.