Re: vertical antenna

W0IIT

John,

If you were asking if we used Walter’s antenna for the K0N station the answer is, no.  We used “Loops and More” vertical for several years.  This year "Loops and More” were unable to attend and we used Bert’s “Buddy Pole” dipole.  Both antennas worked great for the dummy load contest and other "In house" contacts.  At the K0N table I was running 0.1 watt so wasn’t really trying to work outside stations.

Before using those two antennas I used a commercial wahr(Terry’s play on Okie talk) that was donated by Gene N0MQ (sk).  I can’t ever remember the name of that antenna.  It was made up of a length of twin lead with one element cut at !/2 the length and it came in a 10-40 length(which is what I was using) and a 10-80 model.  It also worked great and plugged right into the internal tuner of my K1, K2, or KX3 all of which I used over the years.

Looking forward to next year, I will likely use my KX-3 for the dummy load contest and also use my little “pig rig” which was build for me by Johnny AC0BQ and the enclosure by Terry WA0ITP for in house contact(the number of which is growing every year).  Also my KX-3 will be using a dummy load, so the dummy load contest, will be a real test of leaky dummy loads on both sides of the contacts!  I will probably use the dummy load designed by Terry WA0ITP — the construction details are available on his web page.  For the "pig rig” which is rock bound on the “4State Frequency” of 7.122 I’m not sure what I will use for an antenna.

I hope that OzarkCon attendees all bring a rig for “in house” and dummy load contacts.  It would make a good contest to see who could collect the most 4State numbers in a “24” hour time span while at Ocon.
I think Nick WA5BDU is planning on building a little transceiver for the very purpose of “in house” Ocon QSOs!!

I will run the idea of a contest like this becoming a part of Ocon by the BOD.  I would want the 24 hours to be ended before the forums start on Saturday morning.  So no member would be missing any of the presentations.

We will see.

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp=#72, FP=#11, ARS=#568, 
SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, 
Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000

On Apr 24, 2016, at 6:23 PM, 'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

If it was a "cricket" antenna, I'll bet it produced a lot of chirping!  
Didn't we use Walter's antenna for several years?

John AA0VE

On 04/24/2016 06:00 PM, Paul Smith psmith61@... [4sqrp] wrote:
> David,
> Ill do some digging, I think they are made in Wichita and have seen one on the floor of the Radio Shack in Derby, just south of Wichita. If memory serves it was a good antenna.
> de Paul N0NBD
>
> ________________________________
>> To: 4sqrp@...
>> From: 4sqrp@...
>> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:57:04 -0500
>> Subject: [4sqrp] vertical antenna
>>  
>>  
>>  
>> A couple of years ago at OzarkCon, someone was selling a vertical
>> antenna and K0N was using one of the antennas.
>> I can't remember the name for sure, I think it was something like
>> cricket, or maybe nothing like that....
>>  
>> Does anybody remember the name of the antenna and if there is a web page
>> for the person selling it ?
>>  
>> --
>> David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.
>> -----------------------------------------
>>  
>> There is no Grief as great as denying the Truth until it is too late.
>>  
>> Truth is hate for those who hate the truth.
>>  
>>  
>>  
>  
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
> 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
> Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016
> View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.php
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
>

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.