Re: Tonights 40m net, Important information, please read!

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Don
I have one, it's mounted at 6 feet with 3 reflector radials mounted directly under it.
It's like a 2 element beam pointed straight up!
Works well, very quiet.
72
Johnny

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016, Don Wilhelm donwilh@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

It may be time to investigate NVIS antennas for 40 meters for those of
you in the 4 states area - not good for those of us who are more remote.

Of course even that those may not be effective for those committed to 5
watts output or less, ground absorption may take its toll on radiated
power even with NVIS antennas. It may be time to consider Effective
Radiated Power for QRP operation rather than power output from the
transmitter.

Put up a 40 meter dipole 10 to 20 feet off the ground and give it a
try. The length may vary significantly from the "standard" cut formula
of 468 divided by frequency in MHz, so cut it long and trim while using
your antenna analyzer.

Yes, 40 meters goes long here prior to sunset. I hear lots of Europeans
from my location 150 miles from the East coast on my inverted vee with
the center at 50 feet.

73,
Don W3FPR

--