Re: Looking Fer Rig

Ken Talbott

There is a PFR-3 and HB-1B on eBay now.  Both are nice, although HB-1B benefits from addition of SCAF.

Ken – ke4rg

From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:09 PM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] Looking Fer Rig

After 36 years of collecting numbers, major contests and trying for DX, I have decided to go 100 % QRP. Have dabbled in it from time to time. I just want regular QSOs, maybe rag chew. I plan on doing a lot of portable operating this Spring, Summer, Fall. Build kits in Winter. Consequently, I am looking for trail friendly radio, like Elecraft KX-1 with the four bands, Hendricks PFR-B, or A, You kits. Having knobs on top looks convienent. No KX-3. Something trail friendly that fits in a back pack for bicycle trips. I have SLA batteries. I wish there was QRP only classifieds on line.  Thank you very much. Jim, NV9X.