Re: Possible scammer at work

Don Wilhelm

Bottom line for me - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

When the email address or physical address of the seller is different from the address listed in QRZ.com or the FCC database, it should arouse suspicion.

I can't imagine any one ham would have that many rigs for sale at one time.
An estate sale, maybe, but that would normally be clearly stated.

THINK, and be safe out there in internet land!

73,
Don W3FPR

On 5/16/2016 6:21 PM, Tom k2bew tombewick@gmail.com [4sqrp] wrote:
This is at least the 4th time these messages have circulated through all the HAM groups in the past 6 months, and I have heard of at least one person that lost money to him. What I am surprised about is some people still question whether or not it is a scam on some lists. It is a bait and switch they tell you they moved and have an address other then the one listed with the FCC and try to get you to send them money to it.
73, Tom​

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Nate Bargmann n0nb@n0nb.us <mailto:n0nb@n0nb.us> [4sqrp] <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

This doesn't look right to me. The email "From" address is not the
same
as that of the real KA3MTT shown on QRZ.com. Also telling is that most
hams don't sign a message with their full name and middle initial.

Beware, be aware.