Re: Best GO BAG for airlines? Antenna on 7th floor condo!

W0IIT

Norm, a good way to save some weight in that go bag would be to make a copy of that back inside cover of the manual and laminate it.  It has all the info you would probably ever need for the K1(great choice of a go bag rig, especially if it has the internal tuner).

cu es 72, Bart w0iit
Pittsburg, KS

On May 18, 2016, at 12:30 AM, Norm Lee marjannorm@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I bought a small aluminum photographers case from a discount store, cost about ten bucks. I have just returned from Brisbane back to Adelaide via Virgin Australia with the case as handluggage. In the case I had my FT-817, an antenna ( included tuner), wall wart - but I had room for a p/s. Airlines get iffy over batteries! The full catastrophe! Nobody turned a hair and I really enjoyed the freedom of carrying a portable rig. It's a thought, anyway.
Kind regards
Norm. Vk5gi
McLaren Vale
South Australia