Announcing the KX2 80-10 m, SSB/CW/Data transceiver

Charles W. Powell

From the Elecraft developers.  It’s official.

72,

Chas NK8O

Introducing the Elecraft KX2 transceiver -- the newest member of our compact KX Line. The KX2 has features very similar to the KX3, at about half the size and weight. It fits easily in a jacket pocket. It can even be used hand-held, with a built-in mic to facilitate HT-style operation.

Despite its small size (1.5 x 2.8 x 5.8") and light weight (13 oz.), the KX2 can be configured as a complete HF station, with an internal 2.6 Ah Li-ion battery, wide-range ATU, and attached CW keyer paddle. This greatly reduces the amount of gear and cables needed for field outings. For home and mobile use, the KX2 works with our KXPA100 100 watt amplifier.

The KX2 can transmit in SSB, CW, and data modes at up to 10 watts. This power level, combined with adjustable speech compression, yields a truly effective SSB radio that fits in the palm of your hand.

True SDR (software-defined radio) technology, with 32-bit I.F. DSP., provides features you'd expect to find only in a desktop rig: stereo dual watch, noise blanking, noise reduction, auto-notch, 8-band RX/TX EQ, a digital voice recorder with two transmit messages, and PSK31/PSK63/RTTY text decode/display. You can even use a keyer paddle to transmit in these data modes -- no PC required.

The KX2 covers 80-10 meters (9 bands), maximizing flexibility for field ops, SOTA, micro-DXpeditions, and ultralight hiking/backpacking. Two padded carrying case options are available (CS40 and CS60).

For further details, please visit www.elecraft.com.

73,
Wayne, N6KR
Eric, WA6HHQ