From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...]
Sent: Saturday, February 6, 2016 1:22 PM
To: 4sqrp@...; Charles Powell
Subject: [4sqrp] Home-brew magnetic loop

I just built my first magnetic loop antenna. So far, I am very impressed with the performance. The cost was less than 1/3 of the Chameleon and 1/4 that of the Alex loop. Except the capacitor box that I built at home with my electric drill, the framework was cut and assembled in my HOTEL room. If you are interested in great loop antenna that is easy to build, and costs < $100 if you have a tuning capacitor and < $150 if you have to purchase the capacitor, then send me an off-list e-mail NK8O at ARRL dot NET and I will send pictures with annotations on what I built. IT REQUIRES NO ADDITIONAL TUNER, and it is multiband. You can tweak it to your own needs.

72,

Chas NK8O

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.