Re: battery recommendations

Charles W. Powell

For power output, weight, reliability, and safety I recommend looking into LiFePO4.  I have had dealings with Bioenno and they have delivered.  http://www.bioennopower.com.  I use a 4.5 Ah battery with my KX3 but a 2.5 Ah would be plenty for field use. The batteries are rated at their full capacity, whereas lead acid are only between 50-80% of their rated capacity.  How much battery depends on power output of your radio, idling current on receive, and how long you plan to operate.

72,

Chas NK8O

On Jun 5, 2016, at 9:00 AM, scott.dreher@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I built a 40m CW transceiver, and so far I have powered it with a 12v wall wart. I'd like to run it off of a battery, and was wondering if anyone could recommend types and suppliers? I think I'd like to get LiPO batteries, but was wondering if anyone had better ideas? The rig takes 12 volts, and I have a voltage regulator that I can install.

Thanks,

Scott WZØW