Re: Neat little DC-DC Module

RWeeks <neotoxo54@...>

I purchased something similar called a Buck converter for powering my qrp rig and attachments to it like a Zero-Beat, Hi-Per-Mite, etc.
I use it to bump down approximately 18 VDC from a set of 4 Lipo batteries down to 13.8 to a little junction box that distributes power to 4 outlets.
Really like the setup...plenty of power so far.
Will get to really test it out during the upcoming Field Day events.

SENT FROM MY IPAD MINI
Rocky Weeks, AF5AF
East Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29B
Arkansas Trappers Assoc.
South Western Arkansas Fur Takers, FTA Chap 29A

On Jun 19, 2016, at 21:04, Sean Edwards cybersean3000@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I bought a pack of 10 last year, for $1 each.  There was no shipping fee but they took 6 weeks to get here.

-=Sean Edwards=-
AD0QG

On Jun 19, 2016 8:52 PM, "on30ng@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I know several have tried the neat little DC-DC adjustable power supply modules you can get from China - eBay... I just got a new one. The price was low (aren't they all) and this had what appeared to be a bright clear LCD screen with nice up/down buttons to adjust and it also monitors current. Good for a 20 V power input (laptop supply!!) and up to 3 amps but they recommend 2.

It is small - tiny actually. Comes with a tabbed little plexi shield "box" and two little red plexi button extenders, plus two screw to hold it together.

I've attached a photo so you can see. To give you an idea of size I left the ferrite on the end of the laptop power supply cord in the photo when I cropped it.

Dan

KB9JLO