Re: Propagation doom and gloom is over rated!

Johnny AC0BQ

Hey Woody
Great idea, we all just need to try to do it more!
A few months ago whike i was building Diz's one waters, I kept a rig on the bench tuned to one of the Qrp watering holes.
Made quite a few quick Qso's!!
Some old friends and made some new contacts as well.
Just need to find time to build more!

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016, fghester@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Preaching to the choir here but just have to say that ignoring the propagation numbers / forecasts may be a good idea.  For the first time in my 38 year Ham career, I recently moved a rig into my home office (from my basement shack).  I now monitor, and occasionally call CQ at the QRP frequencies no matter what the prop. numbers say as I'm working in the office.  I work many other QRP stations throughout the day, and the RBN always picks me up somewhere.  Often, when calling CQ at 5W, the RBN spots me at 10db or better in many different states but no response.  Are too many of us believing the bands are dead when they aren't?  Sure, sigs are sometimes weak and I have to wear the cans but I'm making Qs.  Good old W2KJ (Joe) and I carried on a fun 2 X QRP rag chew on 20M this morning.  He on his new KX2 and me on my IC-7200 at 5W.  Come on guys.  Join the party! / Woody / WD9F

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72