Correction to the link to W7GJ: his call has the two letters "gj" reversed in the link given.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On 07/03/2016 02:36 PM, 'Phil' email@example.com [4sqrp] wrote:
GOT AROUND TO READING JULY QST TODAY AND RAN ACROSS A VERY NICE ARTICLE
ON MOON-BOUNCE (EME), PAGE 67.
DENNIS, W5RZ, DID A NICE JOB ON “NATIONAL PARKS VIA THE MOON.”
After that, thought I ought to add a moon-bounce contact to my ham
bucket list (just turned 75 last Thursday) Smile.
Dennis noted that it doesn’t take that much:
1. Load up K1JT’s WSJT software (free download) for the moon bounce
digital mode (known as *JT65B*), [ physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/j1jt/ ]
2. SSB Transceiver or 432 MHz...........he used an FT-857D at 20 watts......
3. He used a 22-element Yagi..........(K1FO),
4. Determine path of the moon (day or night)......W7GJ makes an
excellent planning program called *GJTracker*, available as a free
download from www.bigskyspaces.com/w7jg/
5. He uses an iphone APP to point at the moon...........called
*Lunatic* (nice name for buck folks) Smile.